Find Relief From Chronic Dizziness
We provide vestibular therapy services in the Charlotte, NC area
Do you or someone you know suffer from dizziness or frequent falls? You might be experiencing a vestibular disorder. Your body's vestibular system (inner ear) is responsible for controlling your balance and spatial awareness. for providing your brain with information about motion, head position and spatial awareness. The vestibular system allows you to maintain balance, posture and stabilize your head during movement.
Many people experience vestibular dysfunction as a product of aging, neck dysfunction, after head injuries, viral infections, migraines or from falling. If you're experiencing problems with your balance and /or dizziness, Gaitway of Charlotte can help. Our skilled in-home physical therapists can create a custom treatment plan that meets your individual needs.
What is Vestibular Rehab?
Vestibular Rehabilitation is a specialized treatment in rehabilitation used to treat patients with vestibular disorders. Treatment is individualized based on diagnosis and symptoms with the goal to decrease dizziness and increase mobility and return to previous activities of daily living.
What are signs/symptoms of vestibular disorders:
- Dizziness (sensation of lightheadedness, faintness)
- Vertigo ( perception of spinning)
- Imbalance (feeling unsteady)
- Visual deficits (i.e blurred vision)
- Hearing changes
- Spatial disorientation
What are common diagnosis:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
- Peripheral Vestibular disorders (vestibular neuritis and labyrinthitis)
- Central vestibular disorder (i.e. CVA or TBI)
How do we evaluate and treat?
- Comprehensive clinical examination including assessment of visual, somatosensory, vestibular, and musculoskeletal systems
- Individual treatment based on sign and symptoms
- Canalith repositioning maneuvers as needed
- Balance retraining
- Habituation exercises
- Adaptation exercises
- Safety assessment
- Customized exercise plan
Regain your balance
Gaitway of Charlotte offers in-home vestibular therapy services right here in Charlotte, NC. Our skilled physical therapists can create a cost-effective treatment plan without involving insurance companies. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with one of our in-home physical therapists.
Gaitway of Charlotte LLC
Charlotte, NC 28270
Fri: 9am-5pm (Evenings & Weekend by Appointment)
Sat: by appointment
Sun: by appointment
Willing to travel outside of Charlotte on a case by case basis. Please call for more details